CORE @West Tech Fest in December 2016
Coming up from the 4 – 10 December is West Tech Fest and the OzAPP Awards. This week-long event brings innovators, industry, universities and international guests together to profile and present technology outcomes in the startup space.
CORE is proud to be hosting an industry panel entitled "Bright Minds for Big Challenges" as part of the main day in the Perth Town Hall on 8 December, and is delighted to announce the following panellists; all authorities in the resources sector:
- Mary Hackett, Regional Director, GE Oil & Gas
- Emma Whitty, CIO at Clough
- Kathy Bunce, General Manager People, Innovation and Information at Iluka Resources
- Denise Goldsworthy, Managing Director at Alternate Futures
CORE CEO Tamryn Barker will MC the 45-minute panel which will include audience Q&A, and be focused around these two broad themes, which underpin CORE's mission and are where the panellists have shown significant leadership:
- Addressing the resources and energy sector's current and most significant challenges through innovation and entrepreneurship
- Building collaborative, open and engaging platforms/communities/fora across the sector as a way of accelerating this approach
The discussion aims to reflect on how to position entrepreneurs to focus on big global industry challenges and how to build supportive structures around that.
Other events held throughout the city during the week include Unearthed Demo Day on 7 December, which is a celebration of innovation in the global resources sector and showcases some of the best new startups emerging in the industry. Unearthed is the CORE resident open innovation program and accelerator.
Speakers will also attend the after party and awards announcements at Perth Council House at the conclusion of West Tech Fest .