Celebrate Science (and engineering, technology & innovation)
12 - 20 August
National Science Week is Australia’s annual celebration of science and technology. It’s a perfect time to promote and encourage interest in the areas of science (including engineering, technology and innovation) and communicate its relevance in everyday life. This year it runs from 12 to 20 August.
CORE member Susan Kreemer Pickford is the Chair of the WA National Science Week Coordinating Committee.
“Science underpins so much in life and we need more people to be actively engaged in the sciences. There are Science Week events, activities, talks and shows for every age and background,” she said.
“We want everyone working in STEM (science, technology, engineering & maths) to get involved and spread their love of STEM with the wider community.”
Here's how to get involved
1. Share your science this National Science Week! Any of your STEM events or activities happening in August could be co-branded as a National Science Week activity. Over 1 million Australian's will be searching for their science this August - help them find yours! Register your events for free on the Science Week directory.
2. Light up your infrastructure in National Science Week colours of orange and yellow and help to promote the hundreds of events happening in WA #illuminatetheState.
3. Hold a Brain Break Morning tea Celebrate at your workplace with a science themed morning tea. Apply now for a free morning tea quiz and activity kit.
4. The Perth Science Festival will once again take place at the Perth Cultural Centre on Saturday 12 and Sunday 13 August. There will be native animals, explosions, robotics, microscopes and more! https://www.facebook.com/PerthSciFest/
5. Share in the story – contribute to the national social media handles (@Aus_scienceweek#natsciwk) & register to the WA e-news updates for #natsciwk
For more information contact Susan at firstname.lastname@example.org