We're on the look out for a talented and dynamic Communications, Community & Events Development Manager to join our team at CORE. See details of the position and apply here.
Organisation name: CORE Innovation Hub
Position Type: Full-time
Salary: $50k - $60k per annum + superannuation + incentives
About the Communications, Community & Events Development Manager
The Communications, Community & Events Development Manager is responsible for:
- Communications and marketing of the CORE brand and profile, messaging and outreach;
- CORE member and community building and engagement; and
- Development of a dynamic events program.
This position will build a strong brand and enrich the experience of CORE members and drive engagement with industry stakeholders via a dynamic and relevant events program. You would be expected to contribute to the CORE vision and values with your own insights and creativity.
Role specific responsibilities
Communications & Marketing
- Develop a CORE Communications and Marketing strategy.
- Develop content channels, including member newsletter, website, blog & social media.
- Optimise and manage website content.
- Build and manage CORE brand and profile with industry partners.
- Help develop new and existing products and services.
- Engage media and build local, national and global coverage.
- Attend and network at strategic events.
Community Building & Engagement
- Develop campaigns to recruit new members.
- Work with the team to deliver a great member experience.
- Identify actions or activities that could enhance member business growth, skills and connectivity.
- Actively seek new prospects for events in the space (e.g. technical and strategy workshops, training, hackathons, networking, meetups, thought leadership, collaboration activities) with members and across the sector for a dynamic event program.
- Identify topics and create proposals and agendas of relevance and impact.
- Closely liaise with Events Coordinator responsible for event management and implementation.
- Build and maintain relationships with industry and other stakeholders who are already running events in the space.
Skills and motivation required
- Excellent communication skills, including written and social media
- Previous experience in communications and marketing
- Excellent organisation and time management skills
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Excellent networking skills and interest in building meaningful relationships to enhance business
- Highly responsive and detailed oriented
- Enjoy engaging with people in the space day to day and with our online community
- Passionate about entrepreneurship and innovation
- Interest in disruptive technology topics (artificial intelligence, automation, robotics, cloud computing, data analytics etc.)
- Some flexibility with occasional after office hours activity (events)
This position provides the opportunity for growth and professional development for an applicant who is keen to be an integral part of building a high-profile startup business.
Interest and experience in the resources and energy sector would be an added advantage, but is not required.
In addition to receiving a competitive salary, world-class office space in the CBD, opportunities to build an extensive professional network, and being part of and mentored by a dynamic, committed and passionate team; the successful applicant will enjoy a range of benefits including:
- Flexible working timetable
- Co-working credit to help support the entrepreneurial ventures of your family and friends in the resources sector
- Travel opportunities to attend national and international events
- Free CBD gym membership
- Coffee, tea and fresh fruit provided on site daily
We are an equal opportunity employer and strongly support applications from diverse backgrounds and communities.
CORE is Australia’s first co-working, collaboration and innovation hub focused on resources technology, where the resources and energy sector powers the enterprises of tomorrow.
CORE sits alongside Australia’s leading resources companies in the Perth CBD, and occupies a floor of Perth’s largest co-working space. It provides proximity to skills, solutions and opportunity along the supply chain, and a culture of entrepreneurship, open innovation, collaboration and speed.
Submit your resume and a cover letter here by November 30th. Please include in your cover letter a short paragraph as to why you think you would be great for this role and how you can help grow CORE’s brand, community and stakeholder engagement.